Veterinary Technician - Ophthalmology
Company: BluePearl Veterinary Partners
Posted on: September 7, 2018
BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Southfield, MIis hiring an exceptional Veterinary Technician (LVT preferred)for our well established Ophthalmology department- Mon-Fri with some on-call.Are you self-driven, dependable and knowledgeable?Do you crave a dynamic and rewarding setting?Our Ophthalmologists use various types of equipment to aid in diagnosis and treatment including tonometry to screen for glaucoma and uveitis, electroretinograms to diagnose retinal disease, ocular ultrasound, operating microscopes for microscopic surgery, phacoemulsification for cataract removal, laser treatment for glaucoma and CT imaging for diseases behind the eye. The primary function of the Ophthalmology Veterinary Technician is to be responsible for treatments of stable hospitalized patients and stable ophthalmology patients, outpatient diagnostics and treatments.As an Ophthalmology Veterinary Technician, you will:
- Performs physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Understands normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
- Able to set up intravenous fluids and can operate all brands of intravenous fluid pumps and can troubleshoot errors.
- Able to disconnect and connect patient from intravenous fluids aseptically.
- Ability to monitor patient response to fluid therapy including signs of overload.
- Appropriately restrain non-aggressive feline and canine patients.
- Able to read and follow orders written on treatment sheet accurately and in a timely manner.
- Performs ocular exam; accurately measures intraocular pressure, schirmer tear test, and fluorescein stain
- Ability to assess menace, pupillary light reflex, and dazzle response.
- Possess a working knowledge of phaco machine (phacoemulsifier)Additional Benefits:
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- referral bonus program
- additional training
- unlimited growth potentialBluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. www.bluepearljobs.com Click HERE to follow us on Facebook!
Keywords: BluePearl Veterinary Partners, Southfield , Veterinary Technician - Ophthalmology, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!