Company: Ascension St. John Hospital, MI
Posted on: September 7, 2018
Job ID: 274015 Pharmacist Southfield, Michigan Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--Pharmacist City, State:-- Southfield,MI Location:-- Providence Hospital - BU 34014 Department:---- Pharmacy Services General 001 Additional Job Details:----Part-Time,Rotating,--32 hours,Weekly Rotating Shifts, days and afternoon and occasional midnights. Every other weekend required. About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Job Summary: The Pharmacist assures the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders. -- Responsibilities:
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems. Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Supervises/oversees and closely reviews the work of support personnel.
- Provides pharmaceutical care through activities which may include but are not limited to: therapeutic drug monitoring and management, provision of drug and poison information, adverse drug reaction reporting, medication use evaluation and clinical interventions.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed--Pharmacist--credentialed from the--Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Controlled Substance License at hire/transfer date required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider certification preferred.
- Certification--specializing in--Advanced Cardio Life Support.-- Education:
- Bachelor of Science--
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD at hire/transfer date required Work Experience:
- One year of experience in a hospital practice required. Familiar with unit dose, IV admixture, and clinical practice and/or completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency preferred.
- Three years of experience preferred. How To Apply -- We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested.-- If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you.-- Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you.-- Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. -- -- Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension St. John Hospital, MI, Southfield , Pharmacist, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!