Company: Ascension St. John Hospital, MI
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Job ID: 270441 ACL-Surgical Services Southfield, Michigan Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--ACL-Surgical Services City, State:-- Southfield,MI Location:-- Providence Hospital - BU 34014 Department:---- Surgery 001 Additional Job Details:----Full-Time,Rotating,--40 hours,Weekly -- About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Job Summary: Assists with management of patient care activities and assigned staff. Responsibilities:
- Provides direction and support to unit staff. Supervises admissions, conducts assessment of patient's needs, and initiates nursing care plans. Evaluates and documents patient progress.
- Facilitates planning, implementation, development, and evaluation of nursing programs, initiatives and objectives for the unit.
- Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between the manager, staff and other areas within the organization. Identifies and resolves issues affecting delivery of patient care services in a unit.
- Performs all responsibilities and competencies of a RN.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- In partnership with the department Leader, supervises department RNs and other department associates, makes or recommends decisions on corrective action/termination, assignment of duties, reviews and addresses associate concerns.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA. Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree--
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required, or 5 years of directly applicable experience required BSN must be obtained within 2 years of hire date Work Experience:
- Two years of progressively more responsible work experience. How To Apply -- We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested.-- If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you.-- Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you.-- Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. -- -- Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension St. John Hospital, MI, Southfield , ACL-Surgical Services, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!