Company: Ascension St. John Hospital, MI
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Job ID: 271758 Lab Technician Southfield, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Lab Technician 1 City, State:-- Southfield, MI Location:-- Providence Cancer Center-34011 Department:---- Newland Clinical SFLD Additional Job Details:----Full-Time, Day,--40 hours, Weekly About Us St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. -- Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication -- Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare. -- Job Description Summary: The Lab Technician performs routine laboratory tests in various sections of the laboratory under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist. -- Responsibilities:
- Performs common testing procedures and reports test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Performs quality control testing.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Prepares standards, reagents, and other materials (including patient specimens) for testing.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Reviews outstanding specimen reports as assigned and follow up on any specimen not received or testing not completed by the department.
- Performs appropriate communications, clerical duties and computer functions necessary for laboratory operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
-- Work Experience:
- 6 months of previous clinical laboratory experience or commensurate educational laboratory experience from an accredited institution required
- 1 year of previous clinical laboratory experience preferred. Keyboarding and data entry experience preferred How To Apply -- We urge you to apply for any/all positions in which you are interested.-- If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you.-- Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as, additional information that is requested of you.-- Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) for which you've applied. -- -- Equal Employment Opportunity St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. -- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension St. John Hospital, MI, Southfield , Lab Technician, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!