Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Part time: Every third weekend, three holidays per year assigned
The Transfer Center nurse facilitates the smooth transition for the
patient and their family members into Beaumont Health from
referring hospitals, clinics, physicians' offices with placement in
the appropriate level of care bed, coordination of financial
screening, and timely, appropriate mode of transport. Transitions
to be supported by this position include ED to ED, ED to
Observation, ED to IP, IP to IP and direct admissions from
physicians' offices and other healthcare facilities. Works
collaboratively with all members of the health care team to promote
a patient and family centered approach to health care delivery in
alignment with the organization's mission and values.
1. Analyze the assessment data using clinical judgment to determine
appropriate patient placement as well as to provide an accurate
picture of the patient and his/her condition for all BH
2. Possess and utilize clinical knowledgeable around disease
entities, around epidemiological issues that could affect
transport, care and placement.
3. Collaborates with patient, family and colleagues (physicians,
bed management, transportation) through effective communication to
ensure the achievement of positive patient outcomes. Communicates
patient care plans and changes to multidisciplinary team, when
4. Collaborates with sending and receiving facilities' case
management to ensure pre-certifications, authorizations and
financial clearance is obtained, where appropriate.
5. Communicates and documents in the patient record in a timely,
accurate and concise manner. Documents in transfer software and
uses on-call schedules.
6. Follows all protocols, algorithms, policies and procedures for
7. Coordinates and communicates with transfer team members --
Transfer Coordinator, Case Manager, Physician, Transport and other
related staff - throughout the course of each transfer or direct
admission. Has sufficient knowledge about utilization management
and internal hospital operation.
8. Promotes a network with other hospitals and sending and
receiving facilities to facilitate transfers and share information
about patient status, demographic information, beds and specialists
while building long-term relationships.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the
performance improvement process.
2. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
3. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
4. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
5. Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented
environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
6. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal
precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and
behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental
7. Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
8. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
* Requires completion of a registered nurse program from an
accredited school with an associate's degree or higher. Bachelor's
Degree in Nursing or other related healthcare field is
B. Work Experience:
* Must have at least two years training in a critical care,
intensive care or emergency nursing. Preferred experience with
transfers and direct admit process with patient coming from a
variety of care settings.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
* Must have current RN Michigan licensure with no restrictions
* BLS certification required
D. Other Qualifications:
* Excellent verbal and communication skills. High level of customer
relationship skills. Ability to work effectively with a team in a
changing environment. Knowledge of interpretation and following
processes, protocols, and procedures with minimal supervision.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your
financial, health and life-work balance goals.
* NEW On-demand pay program - powered by Payactiv
* Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
* Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
* Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
* Relocation assistance
* Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify theft
protection and even home and auto insurance
A. Physical Effort:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear. This position is a desk
based, either sitting and/or standing for an entire shift. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and ability to adjust focus. Use of call center and communications
B. Work Environment:
* Normal office environment. Generally good working conditions in
an office setting. Frequent interruptions, work pressure and
irregularities in work schedule are expected. Employee is subject
to continually changing tasks with continually changing deadlines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to attend both regular and unscheduled
Our diverse and talented teams of professionals and clinicians
don't just share in the success of our system; they make it
possible. Driven by our shared commitment to making our communities
healthier and stronger, we are leading the way in health care
innovation with relentless ambition and a belief that anything is
possible when we work together.
This is where extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you
and your career. Apply Now!
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Southfield , RN-Transfer Center, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!