Lead Medical Assistant
Company: Honor Community Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionHonor Community Health is a 501c Federally
Qualified Health Center. Our mission is to provide for the health
and wellness needs of the underserved of Oakland County through the
provision of comprehensive, integrated primary, behavioral health,
and dental care. We see all populations regardless of their ability
to pay. Honor Community Health is a rapidly growing organization
co-located within 20 locations. Our team is passionate about
serving the people of Oakland County. *NOTE: All employees are
required to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine.Position DescriptionThe
full time, exempt Lead Medical Assistant is an essential member of
a high performing healthcare team, the Lead Medical Assistant will
oversee service delivery and set standards to assure a
professional, skilled program of care and treatment is
administered. This position will be responsible for running the
daily operations of the health centers, including general office
duties, reporting on productivity, providing support to clinical
staff and front desk personnel, managing, and maintaining patient
records in the HONOR COMMUNITY HEALTH EMR systems, and when needed,
providing coverage through direct and indirect patient care,
performing laboratory tests, and assisting with procedures. This
position will rotate between our County sites in Pontiac and
Southfield. The ideal candidate should have an open and growth
mindset. The County sites will have a future emphasis on
Reproductive Health and LGBTQ+ Resources. The Lead Medical
Assistant will maintain strong internal and external relationships,
serving as liaison on behalf of HONOR COMMUNITY HEALTH's centers
and administrative team. This position will implement and ensure
compliance with local, state and federal standards, policies and
guidelines and grant contract conditions including compliance with
CHC policies, procedures, protocols and funding requirements. The
ideal candidate works collaboratively to create and maintain a
culture of excellence and dedication to providing compassionate and
high quality health care to residents and the community. This
position reports primarily to the Director, Clinical Operations,
and secondarily to the Manager, Public Health Services. Our
standard hours are 8:30am- 5:00pm, Monday- Friday. Schedule may
vary by site. This position requires travel between our county
- Lead the day-to-day operations and coordination of patient care
services to maintain and improve access and patient, clinician, and
- Supervise staff and delegate assignments to front office staff,
medical assistants, and other support staff assigned to the health
center, in conjunction with the primary clinical leadership.
Provide assistance when needed or personnel shortages.
- Develop and maintain support staff schedules, to ensure
appropriate staffing coverage to match medical staff and patient
needs, in coordination with the Director of Clinical Operations as
- Approve timecards and personal time off (PTO) requests for
- Conduct staff performance reviews, professional development,
and trainings. Assess staff productivity to ensure adequate and
- Provide oversight of medication and supply inventory, and order
supplies as needed. Rotate stock to avoid product expiration.
- Ensure medical equipment is cleaned, disinfected, sterilized,
and maintained according to policy.
- Supervise staff compliance with electronic health records,
policies and procedures. Assure patient records are properly
documented and maintained in an organized way according to
- Direct and assist office staff in responding to emergency
situations as needed and oversee triage with an emphasis on
adherence to protocols.
- Ensure appropriate patient communication systems, referral
systems, and supports are in place according to HONOR COMMUNITY
HEALTH policies and procedures and are properly utilized.
- Perform triage functions, addressing patient calls that include
clinical concerns, daily.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting all
practice operational data, including productivity, compliance, and
340B medication tracking. Monitor patient and staff data to measure
the effectiveness of patient care.
- Gather and assist in completing reports and participates in
site reviews and audits.
- Follow standards for scope of practice/role and function
effectively within it. Ensure all staff complies with
Universal/Biohazard precautions according to policy.
- Assure CLIA and OSHA standards are followed and documented
appropriately. Assure compliance with applicable service standards,
including Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and HRSA
- In coordination with the Manger, Public Health Services,
provide program support to initiatives in collaboration with
Oakland County Health Division (OCHD). Under direction of Public
Health Services Manager, act as liaison between OCHD services and
Honor Community Health administration.
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring, orientation, development and
evaluation of clerical and medical assistant staff and other staff
- Support, uphold and implement established policies, procedures,
objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and
infection control, and codes, and requirements of accreditation and
- Collaborate with other practice managers, Manager of Public
Health Services, Director of Clinical Operations, and Chief
Operating Officer to ensure policies and procedures are
consistently upheld across all sites.
- Other assigned dutiesWhat are we looking for?
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Completion of a technical program for medical assisting is
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant
- Must maintain BLS Certification.
- A minimum of five or more years in a similar clinical
leadership position preferred.
- Familiarity with OSHA standards and requirements.
- Strong computer skills with experience using Electronic Medical
Records (NextGen preferred) and knowledge of Microsoft Office and
- Experience working in a healthcare environment and experience
with Federally Qualified Health Centers is highly desired.
- Experience working with an FQHC preferred
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Creating an excellent patient experience
- Patient focused mindsetWhat do we Offer?
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- National Health Service Corp
- Public Loan Forgiveness
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Supportive environmentCOVID-19 Precautions:
- Remote Prescreening Interview Process
- Person protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in placeHow to
applyApplicants must complete the full application through our
career page at www.honorcommunityhealth.org/careersPlease note the
selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal record
check and reference check.Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and
InclusionThe diversity of our people and patients is one of our
greatest strengths, and inclusive workplace enables us to embrace
that diversity to deliver the best services to our employee and
patients. Honor Community Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and
personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap,
religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by
applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are
performed without regard to the above listed items.Powered by
Keywords: Honor Community Health, Southfield , Lead Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!