Senior Manager, Business Application Services
Company: Berkshire Executive Search
Posted on: September 10, 2018
Our client, a publicly-traded global automotive parts manufacturer has retained our firm exclusively to conduct a nationwide search for a Senior Manager, Business Application Services with extensive experience leading global ORACLE E-Business Suite R12 Manufacturing implementations to join their IT Leadership team on-site in Southfield, MI reporting to the Director of Application Services who reports to the CIO.
Interested candidates with the requisite experience and desire to be mentored through the transition from technical leadership to strategic leadership can email Ken Ferguson, Senior Partner, Berkshire Executive Search at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include information about your experience implementing the Manufacturing modules of EBS R12 and interest in living and working in the Detroit area.
As the company has doubled in revenue, diversified its' products and customer base, and entered new markets, the CIO has spearheaded the evolution of IT from a focus on operational excellence to value creation through enabling technology for innovation. He is also well-known for developing leaders and hiring people with both strong technical skills and leadership traits to get to the next level - never satisfied with the status quo, loves and embraces challenge and change, is totally focused on creating value for the business, and has high resilience and emotional intelligence.
The Director is slated to expand his responsibilities and the addition of this Senior Manager will enable him to expand his role by handing off leadership of the plan/build/run/optimization of the company's core global ERP (Oracle EBS R12 and BI Analytics) to this new person.
Immediate initiatives for this role are:
- Replacing legacy, non-Oracle EBS ERPs at a recent acquisition.
- Planning for re-platforming the current R12 and BI environments.
- Working with EBS Application Support team to automate the recovery of common errors.
- Institutionalizing best practices for the operation of EBS and BI Platforms.
Applying deep and broad Oracle EBS implementation experience in large, global manufacturing enterprises he/she will manage a team of 10 internal Oracle architects, DBAs, analysts, project managers and developers as well as external service providers and contractors applying the Oracle technology stack to generate productivity improvements across the enterprise.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive background implementing Oracle EBS beginning with version 11i up through R12 and BI.
- Firm working knowledge of business processes and operational functions: Order to Cash, Demand to Plan, Record to Report, and Finance Management.
- Operational knowledge of Oracle Technologies required to support and an Oracle EBS and Oracle BI environments.
Additionally, he/she will have a strong understanding of various application development environments and methodologies; the overall Oracle technical stack; other Oracle application packages such as Hyperion; large project management; vendor management; Master Data Management; database design, management and administration; application server and data integration technologies; and related methodologies - and will be passionate about staying abreast of current and emerging industry trends.
Career Path The ideal candidate is interested in moving to more IT strategy, application strategy and resource development and being mentored and groomed as successor to the Director.
Location and Travel This position is located at the company's world IT headquarters in Southfield, Michigan just south of the residential lake and cottage townships of Waterford Charter and West Bloomfield.
Due to the long term succession planning element of this position, residence in the local area is required.
Travel outside the area will be approximately 25% to meet with users and evaluate local or regional application technology needs at company locations around the world.
Relocation Assistance and Sponsorship The Company offers a full relocation assistance package. US citizens, permanent residents and NAFTA eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits Compensation will be commensurate with the successful candidate's experience in this type of role and will include a highly competitive salary, sizeable bonus and wide range of enterprise level benefits.
Key Functions of the Role
The candidate will apply an understanding of the company's business strategies, culture and goals to evaluate and recommend the optimum short and long term roadmap for EBS implementation, integration, upgrade and optimization then follow through on implementation of those plans and projects.
-- Present pros and cons of technology and execution alternatives making technical and business cases for recommended actions to executives so they can confidently make investment decisions.
-- Work to achieve results and execute work beyond the scope of the individual function.
-- Provide leadership in planning IT resource requirements to ensure a high level of service and delivery.
-- Manage a team of Oracle professionals including task assignment, goal setting, mentoring for career growth, creating training plans, hiring, and performance review.
-- Program manage to successful completion a portfolio of multiple, simultaneous, global Oracle initiatives.
-- Execute the roadmap for implementation and optimization of the global Oracle EBS application platform, architecture, components, ensuring fit to emerging technologies and business requirements.
-- Develop detailed Oracle EBS and BI roll out tactics, processes and standards globally including master data definition and enterprise application integration methodologies maximizing investment, lean process and flexibility to accommodate all business requirements.
-- Provide leadership for robust full lifecycle administration of underlying Oracle technologies (databases, application servers, integration engines / web services) to ensure stability and high availability.
-- Evaluate and manage IT resource and service expenditures for all applications technology.
-- Establish Oracle EBS database and application development/customization policies, procedures, processes and standards.
-- Define comprehensive documentation standards for all technical processes and procedures and enforce operational compliance of associates and service providers.
-- Ensure all application code, data and architectural components are backed-up and recoverable at all times; Databases and application services are properly monitored and tuned, application design and code reviewed to meet company standards to maintain or improve performance.
-- Meet scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
The Successful Candidate Has
- Bachelor's Degree; Computer Science or Business
- 15 years' Oracle EBS implementation experience spanning 11i through R12 in multi-billion dollar global manufacturing environments.
- An in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing global ERP projects and programs.
- Implementation, configuration, maintenance, management and support of Oracle EBS R12 including capacity planning, licensing, contract terms, backup, restore, patch and replication of applications and underlying components (i.e. databases, webservers, etc.).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to perform independent research and leverage technical support.
- Advanced Project management practices and tools.
- High ability to learn quickly and solve complex issues independently as well as in a team environment.
- High resilience and emotional intelligence to collaborate with business unit and corporate executives and users, department peers and colleagues and foster a team environment.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently with ease, while maintaining a strong focus on detail.
- Motivated to develop executive leadership skills for advancement to more senior management roles.
- High energy with an affinity for challenge and change and a low tolerance for the status quo.
Additional Experience Desired, but Not Required
- Industry and product certifications such as those from Oracle.
- Automotive manufacturing industry experience.
Keywords: Berkshire Executive Search, Southfield , Senior Manager, Business Application Services, Executive , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!