Project Manager - Natural Resources
Company: System One
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Overview We are a bold leader in the consulting, engineering,
and construction services industry, delivering a broad range of
creative solutions to clients in the real estate and land
development, renewable energy, and oil and gas markets. We have a
strong national presence and a diverse, award winning project
portfolio. We are a privately owned company, with 1,000+ passionate
team members across 36 locations and growing! - Why Us: We don't
just grow careers. We grow each team member as a unique person,
encouraging individual growth beyond their field of expertise. We
help you bring that expertise to an entirely different level ???
that of an advocate, someone whose skill and experience is applied
with an enhanced sense of engagement and passion. As a rapidly
growing company- Our focus is providing the best service by
empowering the best professionals. To us, finding the right
cultural fit is as important as finding the right technical fit.
That probably helps to explain why we have one of the lowest
turnover rates in our industry. Passion for the job, the team, and
the company, is a must. In return, will provide you with more than
just pay and benefits. You will be mentored by some of the best and
brightest in the industry. - Responsibilities
- Conduct all aspects of wetland projects including: wetland and
waters of the U.S (WOUS) jurisdictional determination, delineation,
permitting, mitigation planning and design, and monitoring.
- Prepare and review technical documents, including wetland and
WOUS delineation reports; complete wetland resource area
delineations and functional assessments.
- Prepare and review permit applications for wetlands and WOUS
impacts in accordance with State, local, and Federal
- Supervise, mentor, and provide project technical support to
- Collect field data and write reports for natural resource
- Serve as project manager and technical lead on a variety of
natural resource management projects.
- Manage small and large projects, including maintaining budgets,
schedules, and quality of service.
- Work closely with scientists, managers, team leaders and
directors in both natural and cultural resources throughout the
company to promote -business interests in adherence to its mission,
vision, and values. Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor???s degree in biological sciences or a
closely related field.
- Five plus years of progressively responsible experience in
natural resource management.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in environmental
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the
ability to produce high quality written reports and verbal
presentations at hearings.
- Experience preparing, and obtaining wetland/WOUS permits for
Clean Water Act Section 404/401, familiarity with Minnesota State
and local wetlands, threatened and endangered species and natural
resources rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of the Army Corps of Engineers Wetlands
Delineation Manual (Environmental Laboratory, 1987) and the
Regional Supplement to the Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation
Manual: Midwest Region (Version 2.0).
- Field experience describing soils, Midwestern flora, and
wetland and waters hydrology indicators; especially with conducting
wetland delineations in Minnesota.
- Demonstrated successful client and regulatory agency
- Supplementary experience in other areas of natural resources
consulting such as wildlife surveys, botanical surveys, and
familiarity with the Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources.
Familiarity with the Minnesota Department of Transportation
regulations and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) document
preparation is beneficial.
- Ability to travel as needed for projects throughout the
- Has substantial authority in the selection of project team
members, the assignment of work to project team members, and the
scheduling of projects.
- Works closely with other Project Managers to develop project
teams and schedules.
Keywords: System One, Southfield , Project Manager - Natural Resources, Executive , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!