USCAR Executive Director
Company: KYYBA, Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
USCAR Executive Director
Job Description Summary
- Lead USCAR organization including setting and executing
technical strategy and engagement with OEMs, the Department of
Energy and other government agencies.
- Establish and manage technical support staff for USCAR team.
The USCAR Executive Director is responsible for:
- Working with the USCAR council and USCAR Leadership Group to
set strategic direction for USCAR.
- Leading execution and growth of technical activities for
- Engaging with Department of Energy and other government
agencies to identify opportunities for USCAR collaboration.
- Ensuring efficient and effective operation of USCAR
- Acting as spokesman for USCAR in relevant technical and
- Leading and administrating USCAR meetings and events.
- Facilitating effective operation of USCAR stakeholder groups
such as communications, information technology, legal, finance, and
industry government relations.
- Developing and executing USCAR business plan and budget.
What You Will Do
- In conjunction with the Technical Leadership Council(TLC)
Leaders, discuss and implement changes in USCAR policy
- Serve as a conduit and a facilitator of discussions between the
Council and the OEM Technical Leadership Council.
- Ensure the USCAR operations are adequate to effectively and
efficiently provide the necessary support to the TLCs and Tech
Teams to conduct collaborative business (facilities, accounting and
finance, legal, communications, sourcing and administration)
- Propose and obtain approval of the annual USCAR Operating
- Perform a quarterly budget review for all teams
- Provide final approval of the annual recognition awards process
- Provide direction on USCAR Annual Report process and
- Provide bi-annual Executive Director feedback on USCAR goals
- Serves as primary interface with DOE/EERE leadership to
communicate high level USCAR priorities and position on new DOE
- Identifies Business and Technical Support (BTS)
representative(s) from their respective company and defines their
role at USCAR and within their company
- Serve as their company's member of the U.S. DRIVE JOG
- Support U.S. DRIVE events and activities (All Tech Team
meetings, Lab visits, meeting agendas)
- Provide consolidated transmittal of USCAR's ratings of U.S.
DRIVE tech team project portfolios to DOE director level
- Within their company, advocates and supports USCAR
- Meets twice a month with the USCAR Leadership Group
What You Need
- Strong, charismatic leader with excellent people skills.
- Automotive or DOE leadership experience required.
- BS in Science or Engineering.
- Experience as a technical leader & individual contributor
- Experience in collaborating with varying levels of a customer's
organization, including all levels of executive management
- Resourcefulness to working with multiple projects spanning
different technical areas
- Demonstrated ability to break through barriers to execute
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What Would Be Even Better
- Multidisciplinary engineering skill set
- Advanced degree in Science or Engineering and experience with
managing research programs.
- OEM executive experience.
- Strong or established network within the US Department of
Energy / National Labs.
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI, Kyyba
has a global presence delivering high-quality resources and
top-notch recruiting services, enabling businesses to effectively
respond to organizational changes and technological advances.
At Kyyba, the overall well-being of our employees and their
families is important to us. We are proud of our work culture which
embodies our core values; incorporating value, passion, excellence,
empowerment, and happiness, creates a vibrant and productive
atmosphere. We empower our employees with the resources,
incentives, and flexibility that they need to support a healthy,
balanced, and fulfilling career by providing many valuable benefits
and a balanced compensation structure combined with career
Kyyba is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kyyba does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying
physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or
any other basis covered by appropriate law. Minorities / Females /
Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged
to apply. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications,
merit, and business need.
Medical, dental, vision
Voluntary life and disability insurance
Optional Pre-paid legal plan
Optional Identity theft plan
Optional Medical and dependent FSA
Opportunity for advancement
Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
- An INC 5000 company for 10 years
- Corp! Michigan Economic Bright Spots
- Crain's Detroit Business Top Staffing Service Companies in
- TechServe Alliance Excellence Award- IT and Engineering
Staffing & Solutions
- Best of MichBusiness winner in HR Wizards & Partnerships
- Metro Detroit Elite Category: Recruitment, Selection &
Orientation for 101 Best & Brightest
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Michigan
Keywords: KYYBA, Inc, Southfield , USCAR Executive Director, Executive , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!