Ukrainian Case Manager
Company: Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan is seeking a Ukrainian
case Manager to work in our Refugee Resettlement Program in
Southfield, Michigan. The Ukrainian Case Manager is responsible for
providing core services to newly arriving refugees during their
first 30-90 days in the United States. The ideal candidate will
empower them to do things on their own and assist them in becoming
* Health insurance for full-time employees
* Generous paid time off.
* 10 paid holidays
* Retirement plan with employer matching
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Bachelors degree in Social Work, Human Services field, or
equivalent relevant experience preferred.
* Position requires the ability to speak Ukrainian.
* Cross-cultural experience and competency; refugee resettlement
* Position requires excellent interpersonal skills, good moral
character with flexibility of work schedule, including the ability
to manage stressful or crisis situations.
* Position requires the ability to assist with apartment set-ups
for new clients.
* Proficient in Microsoft office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Carry a case load of several new cases of newly arriving refugee
clients each month.
* Intensive outreach to local Ukrainian organizations to enroll
eligible Ukrainian refugees in the PC-IRU program.
* Work closely with co-sponsors to assist Ukrainians with overall
* Refer Ukrainians to other local Resettlement Agencies and
partners for services provided outside the scope of CCSEM.
* Assist new clients with program and cultural orientation,
apartment leases, employment authorization documents, Social
Security Card Applications, Medicaid/ Food Stamp Applications,
school enrollment, English as a second language, medical
appointments and other tasks.
* Connect with clients on a weekly basis during their first 30-90
days and evaluate their progress, carefully balancing direct
assistance with training and empowerment.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION, TYPE & EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time salary exempt position. The core CCSEM business
days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5
p.m. This position occasionally requires working outside of these
hours to assist with airport pick-ups and client appointments or
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Ukrainian (Required)
Work Location: One location
Keywords: Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan, Southfield , Ukrainian Case Manager, Executive , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!