Company: TEC Group, Inc.
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Project Manager - Paint Systems15% bonus per year + 20 days of
PTO. Travel is 30-35%. Hybrid work schedule employees may work 2
days per week from home.Job Description:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: paint shops and final
assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology: robot technologies for the automatic
application of paint, as well as sealants and adhesives, Measuring
and Process Systems: balancing and cleaning systems as well as
testing and filling technology
- Clean Technology Systems: exhaust-air purification systems and
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: machinery for the
woodworkingWe are a growing organization, and we are seeking a
Project Manager to join our Application Technology division.
Together, with the momentum of our business vision, we can achieve
international success and added innovation in all of the themes
which Durr influences at a global level.Position Summary:Manage
multiple projects ranging from mid-size application systems to
small upgrades from PO to successful completion. Furthermore, he is
supporting the APT Senior Project Manager in large projects such as
complete paint shops. He/she is the main liaison between the
customer and the APT project team, responsible for effectively
communicating all contractual scope and technical requirements to
the respective project team and departments in the US and/or in
Germany. The APT Project Manager is responsible for completing
projects on time and within budget through strong leadership.
Reporting, timing, and claims management are very important aspects
of the Project Managers' responsibilities. Coordinate all project
activities including engineering, modular build, installation, and
onsite commissioning. Flexible working hours will be required to
meet the demands of the project.
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:Communicate closely
with the customer to support the technical requirements of
- Schedule and attend all required project meetings with all
internal and external customers.
- Make technical decisions as to equipment function and design
necessary to comply with the project contract. Coordinates the
required expertise to solve technical problems.
- Review customer's process requirements and select equipment
needed to meet process.
- Review all contractual customer specifications to ensure that
the engineers are aware of and follow requirements.
- Prepare project status updates and budget reports as required
by the Director.
- Travel to customer sites to perform pre-engineering tasks.
- Attend customer meetings and be able to make technical
- Understand fully fluid and pneumatic control circuits.
Understand electrical power circuits.
- Has a high level of understanding of application
- Has a high level of understanding of material supply systems
- Able to read and create drawings in AutoCAD
- Review bills of materials.
- Create work orders and/or purchase requests for the
manufacturing of assemblies and systems.
- Release engineering drawings.
- Develop and maintain project schedule and communicate updates
and changes to project team and customer.
- Maintains high ethical standards of conduct for all
- Understands sealer/paint process techniques and can discuss
processes with customers.
- Has a sound understanding of paint application systems
- Capable of hands-on work.
- Maintain and monitor project budgets and revenue.
- Develop invoicing schedule and coordinate invoicing
- Coordinate status meetings and activities with the project team
- Facilitate the resolution to the scope and technical
- Coordinate contract changes.
- Coordinate installation and subcontractor activities.
- Coordinate all project activities with the customer.
- Provide weekly and monthly status and financial reports.
- Coordinate trials in labs in Southfield and Bietigheim.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends, extensive hours and
variable shift patterns.
- Manage personnel for all activities related to the project.
This includes engineering, installation, and subcontractors.
- Qualifications:Bachelor's Degree in engineering preferred but
- Must have experience with Paint systems
- 3-5 years of experience managing $1-$15 million projects in
electrostatic paint and sealer systems, robotics, and/or automation
- Very knowledgeable of mechanical and electrical products
relating to paint and sealer application equipment and robotic
- Very capable of reading electrical and mechanical engineering
- Knowledgeable of US codes and regulations
- Experienced with Quality systems, ie. ISO 9000, QS 9000, ISO
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Proficient with electronic scheduling
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to delegate to department employees as required to
complete tasks on time
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality as
- Good time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Able to effectively communicate with engineering and estimating
departments, contractors, suppliers, and customers
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Able to technically define problems and propose solutions
- Adaptable to change in a learning environment
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have the ability to
obtain a passport
- Spanish and/or German language skills would be beneficial
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, the
incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and use
hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include
close vision and distance vision. The employee must be able to fly
and drive. The employee must be able to climb stairs and ladders,
wearing appropriate fall protection as needed. The incumbent is
required to work with and near equipment such as industrial paint
robots, pumps, etc. in a manufacturing setting.
Keywords: TEC Group, Inc., Southfield , Project Manager, Executive , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!