Manager, Application Analysis
Company: G-TECH Services, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As an IT Manager, you will Establish, Manage and Evolve
application development technology and the software development
process for speedy delivery of business requirements. You will help
customers understand application features to accomplish their
business goals and partner with Infrastructure teams to achieve
great application performance. You will Align and Manage
Development team activities with business priorities. You will
liaise with internal and external teams to implement technologies
based on business needs. You will Formulate and Define system scope
and objectives through research and fact-finding activities. You
will lead in the definition, development, testing and deployment of
solutions based on requirements. You will build relationships with
internal teams to embrace collaboration. You will coach and mentor
team members to allow for their growth.Outcomes and Activities:
- Manage a team of Application Analyst and Quality Assurance
- Work with peers to share knowledge and evolve the practices of
- Ensure clear information is collected for assignments.
- Accurately categorize work to ensure it is directed
- Support prioritization processes led by the Project Management
Office (PMO) or App Owner and provide input.
- Engage in planning processes led by the PMO or App Owner.
Provide effective estimates, manage workload, and keep leader aware
of capacity to support new or existing work.
- Minimize the need for customization by understanding business
requirements and applying application domain expertise to solve
- Efficiently gather requirements, develop, test and deliver a
- Perform assigned recurring tasks in a timely manner in order to
maintain application health.
- Identify opportunities to reduce recurring work where practical
(and/or improve performance, reduce risk, etc.).
- Perform requirements/solution design for initiatives involving
multiple originations applications as well as systems outside of
- Remove roadblocks and escalate where appropriate.
- Communicate clearly with team members, customers and
- Remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal
- Rigorously assess and action the dimensions of Org. Health for
which you have direct control in order to effectively coach your
team and drive improved performance
- Ensure your team consists of the Right People
- Set and enforce Clear Expectations for your team
- Monitor and evaluate team performance and continuously coach
team members via the Performance Management process
- Identify Training opportunities and act as the primary trainer
on core Policies and Processes
- Create a Right Environment as measured by departmental PULSE
and GPTW survey scores
- Set your team up for operational success by:
- Getting close to the work and the people thru a mix of doing
the work yourself and observing your team members doing the
- Deploying team members to handle the daily ebbs and flows of
- Enforcing the proper application of department processes and
policiesCompetencies: The following items detail how you will be
successful in this role.
- Builds effective teams: Builds strong-identity teams that apply
their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. For
example, builds a leadership team that advances organizational
strategies. Enables cross functional teamwork; builds team spirit
across the organization. Models teamwork; partners well with a wide
range of leaders.
- Courage: Steps up to address difficult issues, saying what
needs to be said. For example, addresses actions that are
inconsistent with the organization's core values. Makes tough or
unpopular decisions for the good of the organization. Creates a
culture that supports taking well-reasoned risks, regardless of the
- Develops talent: Develops people to meet both their career
goals and the organization's goals. For example, builds long-term
succession for key roles. Builds a learning culture in the team;
uses teachable situations to offer insightful coaching. Recommends
and facilitates activities and assignments that help people
- Directs work: Gives direction, delegates, and removes obstacles
in order to get work done.
- Drives engagement: Creates a climate where people are motivated
to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
For example, generates commitment by appealing to people's values
and goals. Creates a climate that makes work gratifying and
enjoyable for most employees. Regularly celebrates progress and
successes to motivate the team.
- Drives results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough
circumstances. For example, creates a feeling of energy and an
emphasis on excellence in the team, using productive behaviors.
Builds a strong sense of urgency to exceed goals and beat
deadlines. Ensures that the team pushes through obstacles and
establishes a superior track record.
- Drives vision and purpose: Paints a compelling picture of the
vision and strategy that motivates others into action.
- Ensures accountability: Holds self and others accountable to
meet commitments. For example, emphasizes accountability, measures
organizational performance against goals, addresses poor team
performance, does not accept blaming others or excuses.
- Instills trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity. For example, is a
role model for honesty and transparency, promoting trust in the
organization and its leadership? Demonstrates dependability and
builds an organization with a reputation for living up to its
- Manages conflict: Handles conflict situations effectively, with
a minimum of noise. For example, anticipates potential conflicts
and addresses them early. Swiftly addresses behaviors leading to
destructive conflict; gives guidance on how to handle these
situations more successfully; builds greater understanding and
appreciation despite conflict.
- Plans and aligns: Plans and prioritizes work to meet
commitments aligned with organizational goals. For example, makes
nimble plans accounting for a range of risks and contingencies.
Achieves greater cohesion, integration, and alignment between own
group and other areas. Both persistent in adversity and nimble in
- Strategic mindset: Sees ahead to future possibilities and
translates them into breakthrough strategies. For example, is a
strong big picture thinker; makes frequent, clear references to the
organization's vision and strategy and the efforts required to
drive them forward. Effectively integrates long-term opportunities
and challenges with day-to-day activities.Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years in leading project teams.
- Minimum of 5 years as an Application Analyst or Business
- Proven experience as an effective mentor.
- Practical expertise in software Development lifecycle.
- Acts as functional expert; stays current on best practices and
applies them effectively.
- Responds promptly and effectively to resolve incidents, tasks,
- Shows initiative by working hard and smart.
- Solves problems at the source by offering simple, working
- Communicates changes clearly, concisely, and objectively
(verbally & in writing).
- Anticipates the impact of a change or project across multiple
- Manage and schedule the on-call rotation
- Champions the current process and recommends data and process
- Be able to research and resolve a wide range of issues
- Demonstrate a motivation and capability to teach others
- Ability to gain trust of others and builds solid relationships
across and vertically throughout the organization and relate well
to all business users
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal)
with all levels
- Worked in or familiar with Agile methodology
- Experience using ServiceNow
- Be self-motivated and directed.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Be analytical with proven problem-solving abilities.
- Be able to provide exceptional customer service.Category
AnalystFunction Information TechnologyReq ID JN -092020-114638
Keywords: G-TECH Services, Inc., Southfield , Manager, Application Analysis, Executive , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!