Company: Presbyterian Villages of Michigan
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview:Compile and record employee payroll and benefit data.
Prepare bi-weekly payroll including submission of all required
taxes and processing all other approved deductions. Handles all
exception reporting; working closely with Village and Corporate
Human Resources staff when applicable. Responsible for collection
and payment of benefit premiums and approved payments (I,e.,
garnishments, unemployment, workers compensation,
- Ensure new PVM employees are properly setup in the payroll
- Provide ongoing assistance to PVM employees on payroll matters;
working with Village and Corporate Human Resources staff when
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and
resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Complete, verify, update, and process forms and documentation
for administration of benefits such as healthcare, disability and
life insurance programs, unemployment, and workers
- Support the PVM retirement program as it impacts payroll
- Review timekeeping/recording data and other information to
detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post
information onto designated records.
- Process bi-weekly payroll via direct deposit and other
- Reconcile Federal, State and local income taxes and ensure
proper payment to respective agencies.
- Reconcile direct deposits and other payroll related banking
activity to summary reports.
- Monitor post-payroll feeds for healthcare, 403(b) benefits, and
other forms of insurance/benefits as arise. Update, collect on,
reconcile, and pay all benefit billings.
- Keep track of paid-time-off and other forms of paid leave for
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors
or retroactive increases.
- Assist and gather information and work concurrently with the
corporate finance department to ensure payroll reconciles with
- Garnishment in-take, calculation, processing, and
- Complete annual W-2 process. Ensure processing of data to
Federal, State and local agencies.
- Work with PVM's unemployment consultant (MHA), and ensure
proper reporting and monitor payments.
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll
matters, tax issues, and benefit plans.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related
to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate
- Prepare and balance period-end reports.Payroll Policy
- Keep informed about current and changes in tax and deduction
laws that apply to the payroll process. Provide guidance on
Federal, State and local payroll related issues.
- Work in close collaboration with Human Resources and
Organizational Development Department. Provide guidance to Human
Resource managers on payroll related issues and changes.
- Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training
opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and
- Follow established policies and procedures including but not
- Presbyterian Villages policies and procedures.
- Safety policies and procedures.
- Federal, state and local regulations.
- All other duties as assignedQualifications:Education -
Bachelor's Degree-Business, Finance or Accounting highly
preferredExperience - 5-10 years of direct payroll
- Knowledge of Kronos and/or UltiPro Software preferred
- Knowledge of payroll systems required
- Computer literacy/word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Certificates & Licenses: American Payroll Association (APA)
Keywords: Presbyterian Villages of Michigan, Southfield , Payroll Manager, Executive , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!