Company: IBI Group
Posted on: November 16, 2020
Company DescriptionWe are a global team of dedicated and
experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and
technology professionals who share a common desire - to help our
clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to
state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports
to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a
truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on
creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right
solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be
designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient
infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we're defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity - We do what is right.
Partnerships - We work together.
Excellence - We pursue design excellence.
Innovation - We embrace ingenuity.
Community - We build community.
Environment - We take action on climate change.Job DescriptionIBI
Group's Michigan Office is seeking an experienced Project Manager
with a proven track record of success managing multiple projects of
varying size and complexity. As part of a global Engineering and
Architectural firm, IBI Southfield houses a multi-disciplinary
staff servicing a wide variety of clients across the country. Our
ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with a team mentality and a
willingness to learn and grow with the company.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the planning and
execution of assigned projects. The PM acts as single point of
contact on all aspects of the project and takes primary
responsibility for managing scope, schedule, and budget in
alignment with project/client requirements.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Attend RFP meetings and develop award winning proposals by
working with multiple disciplines to establish scope and
- Manage/prioritize all activities associated with projects under
your direct supervision and ensuring a high level of service and
support to the client(s)
- Comply with accepted project management methodology and operate
within the parameters of IBI internal processes
- Establish and supervise multi-discipline project teams
throughout all project phases
- Document and manage team work efforts, budgets, cost controls,
- Ensure all cost control, quality assurance, and post
implementation reviews are conducted per the project plan
- Ensure agreed-upon deliverables are met on time and to client
- Communicate project status internally with the team and
externally with the client
- Resolve issues within the project scope and escalate as needed
to ensure project objectives are met
- Monitor budgets closely to ensure effective cost management;
proactively negotiate with client if/when additional scope/budget
- Maintain close relationships with clients and their staff
through regular meetings; stay informed of changing business needs
- Participate in the development of comprehensive business
solutions that meet or exceed client objectives for new and
- Expand business with existing clients, participate in new
business development through personal and new client contacts
- Participate in the preparation/presentation of client
- Participate in planning with clients to prioritize activities
and allocate resources consistent with business needs and
objectives of the project
- Maintain effective dialogue with regulatory bodies and
- Stay current on industry trends and make recommendations on
significant issues - provide input to the marketing and operational
- Participate in the development and/or upgrade to analytical and
QualificationsYou'll need to have:
--- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University
--- Must be Licensed / Registered PE or AIA
--- PMP and/or LEED AP certification preferred
--- 5 - 7 years project management experience
--- Commercial - Industrial experience
--- Experience leading a project team, able to support members in
achieving business objectives and providing client services
--- Ability to foster a cohesive team environment within assigned
projects and across the organization as a whole
--- Computers skills: (MS project / Primavera): MS Office
applications- spreadsheets, reports: Prolog or other construction
management tools, Newforma
--- BIM, Revit, and/or MicroStation experience would be considered
Additional InformationAdditional Information:
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays
association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be
requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role
under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These
could include: work references, education and credential
confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit
report, criminal offence and driver's license record. #IBI
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: IBI Group, Southfield , Project Manager, Executive , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!