Construction - Project Manager
Company: Lockwood Management LLC
Posted on: January 13, 2020
Project Manager- Construction
The Project Manager is responsible for providing quality leadership
to project teams to satisfy the needs and goals for the
construction of high density residential and mixed-use projects.
The Project Manager shall be able to provide teams direction with
regards to the scheduled completion, quality and profitability thus
insuring a project that meets all client expectations. The Project
Manager will oversee multiple projects in various stages of
construction and pre-construction and will report to the Director
- Communicated with and provides recommendations to Construction
Director and directs project teams on issues related to project
design, pricing, staffing and construction.
- Provide technical/construction management support to the
- Collaborates with the Lockwood project teams, architects,
engineers and other design and third-party consultants in the
preparation of contract documents. Participates in constructability
review and redlines of plans and specifications at designated
- Work with and/or as the preconstruction and estimating
department in developing and updating project construction budgets,
schedules and logistics plans.
- Takes a leadership role in identifying and securing all permits
and approvals necessary to construct the projects.
- Acts as a primary project contact for building officials and
other agencies with project permitting and inspection
- Arranges for and ensures the appropriate training of staff and
manages the employee performance appraisal process.
- Oversees the competitive bidding proves and contracting of
sub-contractors and suppliers in accordance with Company policy and
- Reviews monthly project reporting including updates to budget
and schedule forecasts.
- Monitors project team compliance in maintaining the Company and
Project safety programs.
- Monitors project team administration of and responses to third
party consultant plan reviews and site inspections.
- Works to ensure team integration of Quality Standards, Schedule
Reliability and Budget Control practices in compliance with Company
policies and procedures.
- Conducts project team meetings with vested parties including
Development, Residential Services, Estimating and the project field
teams to identify and/or [resent pertinent issues requiring action
- Verifies the completion of all project construction accounts
and bonds according to Company policy and procedure.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Professionalism- full ownership and buy in of the assigned
projects and consummate accountability for all aspects of the
projects. Project Managers display leadership, poise and
determination to succeed regardless of obstacles or stresses that
- Attitude- always remain focused on solutions, never excuses.
Project Managers display a can do attitude and always lead by
example in doing whatever it takes, to get the job done on time, on
budget and exceeding expectations.
- Appearance- taking pride in appearance. This consist of
collared shirts or Lockwood gear, dress pants unless in the field
in which blue jeans without holes may be worn with personal
protective equipment (PPR) required while also maintaining good
- Customer Service- ensure the client is satisfied and always
putting the best foot forward. Create a team environment with all
stakeholders on the project including, but not limited to owners,
clients, building management, building engineers, tenants, and
property managers. Written letters of recommendation are
- Project Scope- ability and mastery to read interpret and
implement all plans specifications and finite details in the
building construction realm. Project Manager will develop the scope
of work and ensure all aspects of the project are legal, code
compliant, built within confines of building site rules, local
regulations and constraints. Projects are to be completed to the
highest level specified or better with no expectations.
- Scheduling- consistent attention to the project schedule and
maintaining oversight to avoid negative slip. Always study and
strive to create efficiencies and complete projects
- Team Development- Teach, Encourage, Instruct, Praise,
Influence, Guide, Inspire and Learn with your members.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited four-year college or university
with major coursework in architecture, engineering, construction
science, or other related field.
- Minimum of five years experience in managing all phases of
construction of high density residential and mixed-use
- Fifteen years of applicable and related experience including 5
years in a supervisory role overseeing multiple projects will be
accepted in lieu of Bachelors degree.
Skills and knowledge necessary for satisfactory performance include
but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes,
estimating, budgeting, scheduling and safety practices.
- Ability to communicate well in English both written and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and MS
project. Competency in Procore, Prolog or similar software a
- Strong organization, time-management, verbal and written
- Ability to negotiate contracts, manage personnel, meet
deadlines and goals, and maintain confidentiality.
- Valid State Issued Driver License.
- Provide means of commuting between project locations and
- Ability to maneuver in and around a construction site including
climbing ladders and temporary stairs. Ability to work in an
environment which at times will be dusty and noisy. Ability to lift
items of different sizes and configurations weighing up to 50
- Ability to multi-task. Ability to work in a fast-paced
environment. Ability to address and work on unanticipated
challenges or changes in the work in progress.
Keywords: Lockwood Management LLC, Southfield , Construction - Project Manager, Executive , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!