Engineer-Equipment - I
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Job #: 1005351Apex Systems is looking to hire an Equipment Engineer
for a client of ours located in Southfield, Michigan.
If interested in this, or any other opportunities, please send 1) a
resume and 2) best contact information / availability to Alex
Paxton, Government Services Recruiter, via
- Develop, engineer, order and implement equipment requirements
necessary to integrate cell site equipment and peripherals.
- This includes, but is not limited to: engineering DC power
systems, 4G LTE, 5G, towers, tower re-analysis, telecom
interconnect equipment and other items that may be defined in the
future. Work with and administer Close Out Packages (COP) and the
review of, RFQs and Quick Bidding, Purchase Order requests and
equipment ordering and receiving processes, CATS along with
developing Work Orders, Scope of Work (SOW) and Method of
Procedures (MOP) for each project.
- Provide assistance necessary to support the accounts payable
- Proficiency in MicroSoft applications, PeopleSoft, Workflow
tools and internal Environmental databases.
- Work closely with all engineering groups within the Network
team including RF design, real estate, construction, network
assurance, inventory control, transport and system
- Work closely with vendors to integrate the equipment within a
timely schedule and in a cost effective manner.
- Prepare reports from COP findings and work with vendors to
complete punch list items in a timely fashion.
- Populate Workflow tools with data to ensure database
- Perform random Post Construction Inspections.
- Initiate and coordinate the investigation, test and evaluation
of new and more effective equipment.
- Provide input for budget and implementation of regional and
- Project management of new technologies and services.
- Work both independently and well within the team.
- Develop methods/procedures for equipment tracking and Cell Site
equipment design layout. Work/interact closely with the engineer
providing fiber facilities circuit design.
- Work in creating team environment with coworkers, vendors and
- Assist the manager of project implementation in developing
reports and projections. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, and Access
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Perform job duties with general guidance and a thorough
understanding of the job and the department's expectations and
- Decision making skills (making appropriate use of available
information and data; making sound decisions with minimal support
from Manager; and being responsible for specific projects or
definable portions of larger projects or processes)
- Leadership skills - commitment to excellence, demonstrating
company values and policies, initiating action, accepting
responsibility for results, and making quality decisions
- Flexible by attempting alternate solutions to resolve issues,
and seamlessly adjusting to a dynamic, changing business
- Superior organizational and project planning skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; listen
attentively; integrating large volumes of information from multiple
- Working hours are 8-5
- Some Overtime or weekend work may be needed
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.
Keywords: Apex Systems, Southfield , Engineer-Equipment - I, Engineering , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!