Posted on: August 17, 2019
What you'll be doing...
You will be part of a team that works with the latest technology to
provide our customers access to our many network components
including 5G systems. As a member of the team you will be
responsible for providing complete technical oversight and project
management for multiple transport network expansion projects. These
initiatives will require a skill set including, router knowledge,
dark fiber, and microwave network design.
- Technical support and project management for the design,
acquisition, and implementation for all equipment supporting
Network infrastructure projects including DWDM and SONET Optical
transport systems deployed throughout the Verizon Wireless (VZW)
Network or Microwave point-to point or point to multi-point
- Working closely with OEM Vendors, 3rd party DF/Lit providers,
and internal teams to identify the best Value (quality, time, and
- Managing the vendor selection, contract negotiation, RFP and
- Partnering with VZB and the One Fiber team to deliver all
solutions in a timely manner.
- Maintaining an engineering database for documentation of all
fiber assets, plant, FDP panels, and IRU contract management.
- Handling microwave design/review, regulatory filings as well as
- Overseeing the financial aspects of multi-million dollar
projects, including establishing business cases, and developing and
managing budgets, procurement and bill payments.
- Interfacing constantly with higher levels of the management
team across various organizations as part of the process of
managing all facets of large, complex infrastructure
- Regularly working with other group's forecasts to ensure
equipment growth projects meet expectant demands in support of the
- Handling vendor management responsibilities, including
engineering/design, managing budgets, procurement, and complete
project management ensuring objectives are met in accordance with
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- ALU/Nokia router configuration experience.
- Working knowledge of Optical transport systems.
- A valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience in the cellular/ telecommunications industry in a
Transport engineering role.
- CCNA certification.
- Knowledge in CWDM/DWDM Optical Transport systems including:
Ciena, Alcatel-Lucent, and Fujitsu.
- Knowledge with Dark Fiber vendors, their organizational
processes and standards, as well as their network portfolio
- Experience in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and
- Experience with PSTN traffic reporting tools, and least cost
- Experience with SevOne traffic data collection system or
another traffic statistics reporting package.
- Experience with Atoll or Pathloss for microwave design.
- Experience troubleshooting, problem solving, project
management, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of quality decision making.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and apply working
knowledge of wireless engineering on new projects.
- Ability to be self-motivated, show initiative, and capability
to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to be highly productive and pay close attention to
- Knowledge with engineering and engineering economic
- Knowledge and experience in two or more of the following
platforms and/or technologies:
- DWDM Optical Transport systems including: Ciena 6500 and
- ALU/Nokia 7705 & 7750 routers. Cisco 920, 903, 5501, 540
- Micro Semi Edge Grand Mater experience.
- PSTN traffic engineering including E911 and SS7.
- Digital Communications including: Fiber and Ethernet.
- Wireless voice and data service including: EVDO, CDMA, and
- Microwave experience including: Aviat, NEC , ALU/Nokia
- Test equipment experience including: JDSU & EXFO, spectrum
analyzers, and path analyzers.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Southfield , Interconnect Engineer, Engineering , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!