Posted on: August 16, 2019
THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create
software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of
digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise
Information Management. #LI-POST
The role Software Engineer/Cloud Dev Ops is to build solutions to
enhance availability, performance and stability of OpenText
services as well as automating away repetitive work. Your focus
will be in the OpenText next generation platform using cloud
technology. You will be responsible for building and creating this
environment from beginning to end. You'll be working on
non-production and production environments, monitoring, data
collection and configuration management, as well as disaster
recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement
initiatives and platform automation. Your mission will be to use
cutting edge technology for monitoring and maintaining the day to
day operations of the entire production infrastructure for OpenText
Discovery on our AWS platform. The best person for this role is
someone that has a collaborative spirit - in our world, it s not
about being a hero and having all the answers, it s about sometimes
saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than
starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask
questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and
innovative problem-solving skills. You will develop and implement
solutions that operate at scale. Our teams are empowered and
expected to improve our products to truly deliver a reliable
experience to customers.
You are great at:
* Provide attention to incidents according to Service Level
* Take ownership and accountability for the incident resolution
* Provide a quality and timely response.
* Act as a technical liaison with other teams to evaluate and
* Establish and maintain a good relationship with team members,
Product Development, Customer Service and Sales.
* Participate in training and information sharing activities.
* Act as backup for other team members when necessary.
* May require shift work.
* On-call rotation is required, as 7x24x365 support is
What it takes:
* Bachelor s Degree in computer engineering
* Minimum 5 years of Computer Engineering Experience (This will
vary as we have 3 open positions and 3 different levels)
* Basic Knowledge of cloud infrastructure platforms
* Basic Knowledge of the Linux operating system
* Previous experience with 3rd Party software installation and
* Must be a team player (positive attitude, willing to share
knowledge with others, willing to learn, adaptable to change)
* Must have ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Should be extremely detail oriented and meticulous
* Should have at least 2-5 years of Information technology
experience. (This will vary as we have 3 open positions and 3
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment working on projects
against strict deadlines.
* Should have a Research & Development Mentality
* Should be able to work with team and individually
* Strong understanding of ITIL principles, certification is a
* Diagnosing & troubleshooting user facing service incidents &
* Working experience with PaaS (Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and
* Knowledge of DockerLinux Container
* Experience with the following:
* Cloud Foundry Deployments, upgrades and migration.
* Customizing cloud foundry build packs per product
* JAVA/J2EE,Spring,Ruby technologies.
* Have worked in AWS andor OpenStack environments
* Centralized logging like Elasticsearch, Logstash, kibana and
Graylog or any other
* Basic Knowledge of how clustered state-full services work
(Example: Elasticsearch, RIAK, Cassandra, Redis etc).
* Knowledge of DockerLinux Container and Kubernetes
* Have written customize docker files for deployments
* Should be familiar with CI/CD.
* Should have experience with Jenkins, nexus, ansible.
* The ability to understand and maintain Scripting software
* Deep understanding of Windows systems
* Good working knowledge of Linux
* Deep expertise in Monitoring distributed systems application
* Exposure to & maintenance of configuration management tools at
* Exposure to system & application-level telemetry for large
distributed cloud architectures
Additional Value-Added Qualifications
* Experience with container management and micro-services
architectures such as Docker
* Application clustering / load balancing concepts and
* Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and
services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP,DHCP, TCP,IP etc )
* Experience monitoring cloud services with Dynatrace, New Relic,
Icinga, Nagios, BMC or any HPE tools
* Experience migrating existing on-premise applications and
services to AWS
* Awareness and insight into industry trends (technology, methods
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best
talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry,
disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual
orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the
recruitment process please email email@example.com
Keywords: OpenText, Southfield , Information Engineer, Engineering , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!