Lead Hardware Development Engineer
Company: PRA USA
Posted on: July 11, 2019
Lead Hardware Development EngineerSouthfield, MIJob summary of the
Lead Hardware Development Engineer:Electrical Hardware
Engineer--with a good background in analog and digital electronic
circuits is required to play a vital role in the development of
the--block diagrams, schematics and BOMs for one of our clients in
the Michigan. This client is a leader in advanced vehicle safety
systems and offers significant future opportunities to break into
new vehicle safety technologies. If you have experience with analog
or digital--electronic circuits--along with--Signal and Power
Integrity simulation and testing, then this position is well suited
to you.Responsibilities of the Lead Hardware Development Engineer:
- Record and maintain the documents such as--block diagrams,
schematics, manuals, BOMs, and test plans.
- Act as the technical lead for the team, including mentoring of
- Perform Worst Case, Monte Carlo, Stress/Thermal analysis and
bench testing to achieve the--quality and performance
- Perform theoretical circuit block FMEA using--PC based FMEA
software and perform FMEA verification--
- Work With ECAD team--to develop a board layout compliant with
Manufacturing and EMC requirements.
- Work with Product Assurance team to develop--concept and design
validation test requirements and plans--
- Work with other engineers team such as Mechanical, Validation,
software and Manufacturing engineers etc. for design and
- Design and debug the investigations and--support development,
maintenance, failure analysis, and resolution activities.
- Participate and lead the ECU design reviews -- Qualifications
of the Lead Hardware Development Engineer:
- BSEE/CE with--8+ years of experience in analog and digital
electronic circuits for automotive application.-- Other industries
can also be considered if you've worked with vision/camera
- Experience as a lead or senior-level engineer with lead
- Experience in implementation of communication protocol such as
CAN, SPI, --PSI5, Ethernet, PCIe, USB, DDRx etc.
- Experience with--PCB layout, RF/EMI/EMC/ESD mitigation
techniques, simulation and power distribution techniques of modern
- Experience with--Signal--and--Power--Integrity--simulation,
testing and--validating motherboards in the laboratory.
- Skilled in using the software such as--Mathcad, PSpice, Matlab,
IQ-RM--Doors, Altium-- etc.
- Knowledge of--reading component datasheets--
- Practical knowledge of using----an Oscilloscope, its trigger
settings and using various probes to look at signal
- Knowledge of the specific tools such as--Multimeter, Logic
Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Power supplies, Function/Waveform
Generator and Communication Simulators Compensation of the Lead
Hardware Development Engineer:Salary Range: $105,000-125,000/year
depending on experience--Location: Southfield, MIType:
--DirectTravel: --As and when requiredRelocation Assistance:--
Subject to reviewVisa Sponsorship:-- H1B transfers only. NO OPT
will be consideredKnowledge of the following areas will be helpful
---Electrical, Hardware ,"block diagrams",--schematics, BOM, "Worst
Case", "Monte Carlo", stress, thermal, "Bench
automotive,----CAN, SPI, PSI5, Ethernet, PCIe, USB, DDRx, RF, EMI,
EMC, ESD, signal, power, integrity, simulation,--Mathcad, Pspice,
Matlab, IQ-RM,. DOORS,--Altium,--Oscilloscope,--Multimeter, "Logic
Analyzer", "Spectrum Analyzer", "Power supplies", "Waveform
Generator", "Communication Simulator"
Keywords: PRA USA, Southfield , Lead Hardware Development Engineer, Engineering , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!