Research & Development Engineer III - Global Plattform
Company: Denso North America
Posted on: October 6, 2018
DENSO is one of the largest global automotive suppliers of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. From automated driving to hybrid and electric vehicle components, were crafting the core technologies of modern mobility. We draw on the strengths of individual inventors who are joining together to become an unstoppable force for global good. With our North American headquarters located in Michigan, DENSO employs more than 24,000 people at 28 consolidated subsidiaries and 4 affiliates across the North American region. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions and employs more than 170,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2018, totaled US$48.1 billion.
Seeking PhD Research Engineers to be a part of our GSR (Global Software/Systems Platforms Research) team. This department consists of a virtual and global research team in DENSO United States, DENSO Europe, and DENSO Japan.Researchers will be working on bridging the gap between cutting-edge technologies and practices.
- The rapid introduction of highly automated vehicles and connected vehicles makes new challenges to the development of our product and services. We are dealing with several emergent factors: human-in-the-loop systems modeling, various and dynamic requirements from system of system level including societal ones, new computing components including neural networks, and so on. We call such systems "dependable CPS" where we need to deal with a huge feedback loop provided by communication links while we continue embedding dependable, high-quality, and cost effective computing systems. We are looking for a researcher who develops techniques, which will contribute to the job of our colleagues developing those aforementioned systems.
- We expect the researcher to be a bridge between the cutting-edge technology and industrial practice while he or she works with internal DENSO engineers and researchers in academics outside of DENSO. You can choose one of the following two research topics and their essential building blocks:
Research on rigorous modeling and V&V of Dependable CPS, Formal Modeling and V&V of Hybrid systems including computation, control, and communication. Formal specification of systems adaptively and Runtime Testing on such systems.
Research on Human-Machine Teaming System of Systems Modeling Formal Modeling of Cognition, Comprehension, Bias, Knowledge, and learning of both Human and Machines.
- PhD in Computer Science or similar field.
- Your willingness to become the bridge.
- Proficiency on Formal Modeling of Hybrid Systems and at least one of the Checking Tools
- One year or more experience on Embedded Systems Development Researcher level in Formal Semantics of Programming Languages or Natural Language Processing
- Practitioner level in Systems design and Management (Including Systems Thinking and Design Thinking)Basic Knowledge in Cognitive Science and Psychology
Keywords: Denso North America, Southfield , Research & Development Engineer III - Global Plattform, Engineering , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!