DevOps Engineer, Continuous Improvement
Company: Credit Acceptance Corporation
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Credit Acceptance is continuously expanding with a variety of dynamic opportunities in Information Technology. Our culture has landed us on Computerworld's list of the Best Places to Work in IT. In each of the last 4 years, we have held a spot in the top 2 for mid-sized companies nationwide. Our IT department provides the opportunity to work with progressive tools, and technology including the latest database, development, storage, and computer technologies available. Outcomes & Activities:
- Accelerate IT efforts by supporting the tools to automate manual processes.
- Decrease demand for night-time IT work by ensuring our automated processes are fault tolerant.
- Configure and extend our tools to satisfy the needs of all users (application delivery, middleware, database administration, etc.).
- Integrate our tools with others (like Jira) to ensure easy visibility into the location of our code.
- Help troubleshoot problems to deployments that teams have made using our toolset.
- Handle many ongoing conversations originating from a variety of mediums.
- Keep the solution up to date and train users on upcoming features.
- Provide a positive experience to every client in every interaction. Requirements:
- Strong desire to learn.
- 3+ years of IT experience or Bachelor's Degree.
- 1+ years of software development or scripting experience (Java, C#, Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.).
- Experience managing build and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson, TFS Team Builds, etc.).
- Experience managing release or continuous delivery tools (Jenkins Blue Ocean, Bitbucket Pipelines, TFS Release Manager, etc.).
- Experience with application server technologies (Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere, Glassfish, Oracle Application Server).
- Able to participate in a 24 hour, year-round on-call rotation.
- Remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines.
- Attendance as outlined in the department attendance policy.
- Work onsite at the assigned Credit Acceptance. Preferred:
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- 3+ years of software development or scripting experience.
- Experience with test automation frameworks (Robot, Cucumber, SpecFlow, etc.).
- Experience configuring and maintaining database versioning tools (Red Gate, etc.).
- Experience with application & infrastructure monitoring for performance and availability (DynaTrace, etc.).
- Experience managing source code solutions & branching strategies (BitBucket, GitHub Enterprise, Team Foundation Version Control, etc.).
- Experience with in a Java / C++ environment. Knowledge & Skills:
- Respond promptly and effectively to requests, problems, projects and tasks.
- Be Circumspect to ensure that our solutions address the real need and won't cause problems.
- Provide Clarity with words and solutions; ensure we're providing clarity and not jargon or noise.
- Maintain Customer Focus: keep our customer and company best interests in mind.
- Driven: be motivated to help customers and generate value for the whole team. Target Compensation: Please reach out to Recruiter for compensation Company Values: To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don't be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly
Keywords: Credit Acceptance Corporation, Southfield , DevOps Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Engineering , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!