Posted on: September 14, 2022
Perform computer aided drafting (CAD) for preparation of
architectural and engineering drawings using industry appropriate
software (primarily AutoCAD). Uses standard symbol sets and
drawings to minimize drawing effort. Performs hand drafting and
sketching as needed. Reference information from vendor prints,
catalogs, and technical manuals to complete drafting under the
direction of senior staff members. The office for this position
will be located in the metro Detroit area, but will include visits
to construction sites and other Terracon offices across the
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
* Under close supervision of a more senior level CAD
Operator/senior staff, assists or performs routine to moderately
difficult drafting and office related tasks.
* Assists Senior CAD Operator(s) in production of drawings,
including pick up of all copies, any artwork and related materials
to the proper vendor.
* Orders and maintains supplies for the drafting department.
* May assist senior CAD operator(s) in repair of the equipment, as
* Participation in visits to active construction sites and
completed buildings to assist in data collection, documentation,
and verification testing.
* Develop and maintain office related documents (MS Office) and
perform tasks to support the office.
* Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or
concerns to management.
* Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum 3 years practical CAD experience.
* Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree in graphic or
drafting technology preferred.
* Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering
firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon
has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in
environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services.
Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150
offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth
is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service
and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in
Terracon's vision of "Together, we are best at people" is
demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits
package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many
programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and
various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority,
female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered
for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant
for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender, disability, age, or military status.
Keywords: Terracon, Southfield , CAD Operator, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!