Administrative Assistant, Southfield
Company: Henry Ford Health System
Posted on: February 11, 2020
GENERAL SUMMARYPerforms duties related to HFO office sales, to
include spreadsheets, stores totals, and reconciling
discrepancies.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles phone calls, transferring calls appropriately, taking
messages, and respondingto e-mails and patient complaints
- Performs front desk duties to include greeting customers and
- Complete spreadsheets, check store totals, and reconcile
discrepancies; preparemonthly folders
- Performs point of sale responsibilities, including preparing a
summary for all stores;separate cash from insurance, print MOS
issues (printer, fax, etc.) and copy for IT, pullproblem orders for
the Billing DepartmentPerforms cash reconciliations
- Handles US and internal mail for a specific store.
- Sorts interoffice mail, separating cashreconciliations,
coupons, day sheets, and supporting documents; process and
- Enters the schedules for all Optometrists
- Completes specified duties surrounding inventory. Orders
supplies for the office
- Responsible for daily and monthly reporting and analysis for
all offices as required byDirector of Finance and Vice
- Prepare analysis of discounting for all Satellite offices for
discussion with Director ofSatellite Operations and Satellite
Office ManagersMaintain insurance and patient collection database
- Produce and mail allletters.
- Ensure database is kept current.
- Prepare monthly reporting and reconciliation for all lens and
contact lens products.
- Oversee all inventory cycle counts and variance analysis for
all satellite offices.
- Reviewvariance explanations.
- Assist with Payroll functions as needed.Prepare bi-monthly
reporting for POS adjustments and Outstanding Receivables
- Enter patient refund transactions into PeopleSoft.
- Maintain Access database and prepare reporting for all offices
related to SpecialTesting and Services.
- Perform other duties as required EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Associate degree or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Requires previous clerical and/or retail experience.
- Optical experience preferred.WORKING CONDITIONS
- Works in a retail office environment with minimal exposure to
noise, dust, or extremetemperatures. OverviewHenry Ford Health
System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S.
healthcare systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research
and education. The system includesthe 1,200-member Henry Ford
Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a
healthinsurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician
Network, a 150-site ambulatorynetwork and many other health-related
entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing afull continuum
of care. In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated
care.The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan
and employs more than 24,600employees. Henry Ford is a 2011Malcolm
Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. Thehealth system is led
by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III. To learn more,
visitHenryFord.com.BenefitsWhether it's offering a new medical
option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices ormaking the
employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about
choice. HenryFord Health System has a new approach for its employee
benefits program - My ChoiceRewards. My Choice Rewards is a program
as diverse as the people it serves. There aredozens of options for
all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life
balanceand learning - options that enhance your career and add
value to your personal life. As anemployee you are provided access
to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program(Henry Ford
Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health
and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services.
Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for
benefits. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
EmployerEqual Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System iscommitted to the hiring, advancement and
fair treatment of all individuals without regard torace, color,
creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran
status, size, height,weight, marital status, family status, gender
identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,or any other
protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Henry Ford Health System, Southfield , Administrative Assistant, Southfield, Administration, Clerical , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!