Business Analyst, Collections Application
Company: Credit Acceptance Corporation
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Credit Acceptance is continuously expanding with a variety of dynamic opportunities in Information Technology. Our culture has landed us on Computerworld's list of the Best Places to Work in IT. In each of the last 5 years, we have held a spot in the top 2 for midsized companies nationwide. Our IT department provides the opportunity to work with progressive tools, and technology including the latest database, development, storage, and computer technologies available. About this Position: The purpose of the Business Analyst, Collections Application position is to
- Understand your application; identify deficiencies and offer suggestions to improve it.
- Gather requirements of medium complexity, Partner with Developers, and Test features to ensure they meet user requirements.Outcomes & Activities:
- Maintain application backlog that clearly describes tasks. Keep the backlog clean.
- Know your customers by documenting personas, responsibilities and needs.
- Proactively champion features for your end users to help meet their business needs.
- Gather requirements from business users and record them clearly in a format useful to developers.
- Partner with Developers to achieve great application performance.
- Test new features and code to be sure they meet requirements.
- Demonstrate your features to team members, end users, and management.
- Show insight; know your application behavior & data; offer simple solutions.
- Apply team documentation and testing standards and recommend process improvements.
- Recognize upstream and downstream impacts; communicate effectively (verbally & in writing).
- Learn the Business Process Your Application Supports so your features will better support the business.
- Improve your application and team processes.
- Decrease incidents and increase uptime of your application.
- Triage incoming tickets in an on-call rotation.
- Participate in PMO Projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Attendance as required by department.
- Remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines.Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Business Analyst or related role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience documenting user requirements (e.g., user stories and acceptance criteria).
- QA Testing experience.
- Willingness to participate in an on-call support rotation.
- Work onsite at the assigned Credit Acceptance work location.Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Project Management experience; PMP certification.
- Experience working in an Agile team using Scrum or SAFe methodology.
- Experience working with or creating personas and user stories.
- Certified Scrum master
- Ability to query database (SQL / PLSQL).
- Basic ability to read code (Java, C#, Visual Basic).
- Testing certifications
- Working knowledge of Artiva, LSS, GPS-SID and Contact Center, with extensive knowledge of at least one of these technologies.Knowledge and Skills:
- Respond promptly and effectively to problems, projects and tasks.
- Organize, with ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests.
- Convey complex information in a timely and easily understood way to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate insight; make recommendations as opportunities arise.
- Be self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with moderate supervision.
- Maintain customer focus; keep the customer's best interest in mind.
- Work well with abstract concepts. Be analytical. Solve problems.Company Values: To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE (our Company core values) in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don't be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly. Target Compensation: $58,000 - $76,000
Keywords: Credit Acceptance Corporation, Southfield , Business Analyst, Collections Application, Accounting, Auditing , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!