Practice Lead - Trust & Estate Tax
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Practice Lead - Trust and Estate Tax
MRPR is a Full-Service Accounting & Business Advisory Firm serving
the Michigan business community since 1974, and we are looking for
an experienced Trust and Estate leader to join our team as a Senior
Manager, Principal or Director (based on experience).
In joining our Firm, you will become part of an exceptional team
with a rich history. For over the past 47 years, MRPR has partnered
with businesses from multiple industries by providing a full range
of tax, audit, accounting services, and business advisory expertise
to help these businesses thrive and grow in Michigan's challenging
and ever-changing economic environment.
At MRPR, our culture lets you be heard and make a difference. We
provide our employees with a supportive work environment that
values each unique talent. We place strong value on investing in
relationships, providing quality work, thinking like business
owners, and succeeding together. We look for candidates to join our
team who believe in, and can demonstrate, these values and who want
to be a part of our dynamic culture.
And that's just the start because we also offer our team
Flexible Hybrid Environment; PTO; Floating Holidays; Holiday Time;
Medical/Dental/Vision; 401(k); Life Insurance; Employee Assistance
Program; Disability Insurance; Voluntary Benefits; CPA and Advanced
Education Assistance; Parental Time; Career Development/CPE;
Professional Memberships; Home Office Equipment; Wellness & Team
Building Events; and Business Casual Dress.
Check us out and see why we have been named one of Crain's Cool
Places to Work!
LMA (Lead, Manage, and Hold Accountable).
- Lead, manage, and hold self and others accountable in line with
MRPR Core Values; lead and grow firmwide trust and estate practice;
and lead engagements ranging from simple trust return compliance to
helping fiduciary clients navigate the entire trust/estate
- Help our clients successfully navigate the myriad of tax laws
and regulations that govern Trust and Estates; build long-term
relationships through trust, respect, and industry knowledge; and
understand client's culture and business to help them achieve
- Ensure our clients stay in compliance while implementing
strategies to significantly reduce their tax liability; provide
fiduciaries with a complete and accurate trust accounting tailored
to the needs of the client; participate in other tax engagements
(including individual tax, planning and compliance for closely-held
businesses in a variety of industries, and tax research).Team
- Promote a learning environment; guide, support, and coach team
members in performance expectations and career development
opportunities; active participation in initiatives that build
empowered, diverse teams; and develop career path for
- Proactive in seeking opportunities with existing clients;
generate leads and develop new client contacts; stay abreast of
market competition; and engage in networking activities to drive
- Bachelor's degree in accounting plus CPA certification or law
- 10+ years of experience in public accounting and/or
- Knowledge of trust accounting concepts, including the proper
allocation of principal and income generally defined in state
- Experience preparing/reviewing fiduciary tax returns (Form
- Experience preparing/reviewing estate tax returns (Form
- Experience preparing/reviewing Split Interest Trust returns
(Form 5227) is a plus.
- Experience in Individual Tax is a plus.
- Experience in a supervisory and training role.
- Research skills, including interpretation of laws and
regulations and how to apply them in client situations and fact
- Experience performing strategic planning for clients and
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong client service focus, attention to detail, and ability
to manage time effectively
- Capacity to work well in a team environment and with other
- Working knowledge of: Tax compliance software, tax research
database and planning tools, Microsoft Office products and Adobe
We believe that a strong team is the backbone of a successful
business, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Keywords: MRPR, Southfield , Practice Lead - Trust & Estate Tax, Accounting, Auditing , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!