Financial Performance Analyst (Regular-Full Time)
Company: Sun Communities
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Our Accounting team is looking for a Financial Performance Analyst.
If you have the experience we're looking for, we want to talk to
As a Financial Performance Analyst you'll be responsible for
calculating and recording RV and ancillary revenue, payments and
quant statistics from various systems, and onboarding those resorts
onto our systems as needed. You'll be reconciling a variety of
asset and liability balance sheet accounts. Additionally, you'll be
working closely with the financial performance team on process
improvement/efficiency projects and system implementations that may
impact other departments within and outside of Accounting.
- Calculate and record RV revenue from various systems into the
Yardi general ledger system.
- Take a lead on obtaining and recording revenue and payment data
on all new acquisitions and assist in onboarding them into the
- Prepare account and bank reconciliations, ensuring all
outstanding items are addressed timely.
- Administer and maintain GTreasury, the Company's bank
reconciliation software tool.
- Calculate amortization of seasonal RV revenue on a monthly
basis and record in Yardi.
- Record RV and ancillary revenue from various systems into
Yardi, such as RMS, Campspot, Bepoz POS.
- Record RV and ancillary revenue and payments from legacy
systems such as KampSight, Campground Manager, Digital Rez,
Quickbooks, Micros, Gilbarco Gas Station POS, etc.
- Record various quant and site night statistics from various
- Oversee ancillary inventory count and adjustment process on a
quarterly basis, inclusive of setting timeline, reviewing reporting
and adjusting the inventory value on the balance sheet.
- Manage the Gtreasury system's bank reconciliation module,
including testing new bank reconciliations, writing reconciliation
rules, and assisting users in troubleshooting issues.
- Coordinate with Marketing on any third party promotions that
require tracking on our balance sheet, including Groupon, Coast 2
- Calculate and request payment of royalty fees on KOA and LSI
- Analyze and reconcile activity in miscellaneous balance sheet
accounts such as cash, prepaid expenses, accrued
receivables/payables, and other assets/liabilities; prepare
adjusting journal entries and schedule as needed.
- Work with financial performance team on special projects,
inclusive of process improvement/efficiency opportunities as
- Assist with creating and documenting written
- Take a role in any new system implementations as
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or related
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience with general ledger
- Prior real estate or Yardi general ledger experience,
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships both inside
and outside of the company
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and changing work
- Proven problem solver
- Mastery of accounting related topics (e.g. account
reconciliations, bank reconciliations, journal entries)
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g. Pivot
Tables, VLookups, SumIfs)
Keywords: Sun Communities, Southfield , Financial Performance Analyst (Regular-Full Time), Accounting, Auditing , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!